Second Avenue Church Family:
This past week our government leaders asked all Americans to pray for our nation and the pandemic we are facing with the Coronavirus. Just yesterday our president laid out a 15 day plan to slow the spread of the virus. Staying home, especially the elderly, and not meeting in gatherings larger than 10 people are the two requests that affect our church directly. After consulting with our deacons, we believe the wise decision is to cancel ALL services for the 15 day period in honor of this request. We will have no gatherings for the rest of March. This will include all Bible studies and scheduled meetings. This is a difficult decision to make, but we feel it is the best and wisest decision at the moment.
We will offer a Facebook live stream Bible study on Sundays @ 10 a.m. and Wednesdays @ 7 p.m. I will share updates, prayer requests, and a message from God’s Word. If you do not have a Facebook account, they are easy to set up and there are many in the church that can walk you through it.
The mission commitments of the church and the regular daily expenses of the church must still be met at this time. We are asking that if you are able, to please give through our church website giving page. Please contact Bro. Nelson if you have questions.
I am sure there will be needs over the next couple of weeks from everyone. Should you have a need for help in any way, someone to go get things for you, or whatever you have need of, please contact either me or your family deacon. We will continue to pray for our leaders and do our part to help our nation and community. God can use this time to allow you to be a great witness for him.
To create a facebook account for Second Avenue Live Streaming, follow these instructions:
1. Go to www.facebook.com on your computer.
To find our page for a live stream:
1. Login to Facebook and click the Home tab in the top blue bar.
Service Times for Live Stream:
Due to services being moved to live stream, the latest sermon will be available immediately following the live stream at the following url:
Wednesday Night - 031820 is now available!
Second Avenue Family - I hope this week has found you all doing well and encouraged even in difficult times. I was reading in my devotional time this morning and the scripture I read was such a wonderful reminder of how our attitude is to be in life right now. In the book of Job we find a man that had faced a load of hardship. His friends would accuse him and even his wife would tell him to "curse God and die" (2:9). Job's responses "Shall we indeed accept good from God, and shall we not accept adversity?" (2:10) Job understood that regardless of life's circumstances we should live for the Lord and be ready to praise Him.
Just a couple of reminders:
Hey Second Avenue Family -
Just a couple of quick points of information I want to share:
1. Tonight @ 7 p.m. I will be living streaming our Bible study. Hope you will be able to watch it on Facebook or on our church website.
2. Because of the city ordinance that goes into effect this evening at midnight through April 8th, we will not have services at the church until Sunday, April 12th, at the earliest. We will continue to keep you posted on any changes.
3. If you need anything and cannot get out, please let you pastor or deacon know. We are here to help.
4. Lastly, I have been in contact with some of our police officers in Corsicana. They are completely out of hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes. I know that these are precious commodities, but if you have any extra that you would be able to share with our law enforcement, would you please text or call me - 903-576-5866 - and I will get them from you and get it to them. It isn't a matter of not being able to afford it, but rather they cannot find any. This is a great way to help right now.
God Bless each of you.
The Bogard Press, who supplies our Sunday school literature, have offered a free video of the lesson for March 29 in our quarterly lesson book. This will hopefully help you to stay up to date in our adult Sunday school lessons. I appreciate them offering this. You can view it on the church Facebook page or just copy this link: https://vimeo.com/401562322 in your browser to watch it.